8/23/11

Here comes the sun..

Boy, oh boy, was I accurate in my word choice for 2011.

change

I've been a little blonde,


more blonde,


and then a lot of blonde..


Bought MY first car and insurance,


got my first diamonds,


my job became intolerable


but, next week I'll be transferring into a new venue, and starting a new experience..








Today is the two year anniversary of my cousin's death, in three days I turn 23, and in four days I start my new position, and that's just what's on the schedule this week.. Needless to say I have a lot going on right now and I'm trying to find the motivation to make it all happen successfully.

I watched Limitless today, my first thought was 'I wish I could get that..'. My concluding thought was, what if I could just make the most of the time I have and use the full 20% of my brain that I have access to, to accomplish as much as I can. I can guarantee I frequently do not live up to my potential. I often choose to veg out in front of the TV using the excuse that I'm 'thinking things over' 'planning things out'.. but what I need to do is just get up and do whatever I thought needed to be done. If I'm sitting on the couch, watching a show on NickJr (that I occasionally get sucked into) with Kennedy, and I'm thinking about when the floor was last swept, and that it should probably be done today (aka it'll never get done unless my mom does it), I need to just get up and sweep the floor instead of thinking and daydreaming about it.

I need to start living. I don't need to do MORE than what I'm capable of.. I just need to do WHAT I'm capable of, instead of so much LESS.

I'm hoping to start blogging my accomplishments, failures, frustration, and elation, as a means to monitor my progress (and even prove I've done stuff if no one believes me haha).

So now at 1:32AM I'm going to go to sleep, hoping to be more productive tomorrow that I managed today.

2 comments:

The Bitterness of Eating Lemons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberlee said...

Okay... it was signed in as you, so it looks like you posted that about yourself (so you might want to delete that comment). Now I'm posting as me. LOL!

Yay! I'm excited that you are thinking about these things. You can do it because you are amazing. You just have to believe it and/or let yourself be.