12/2/08

Are we Human? [1 of 25]

Today is the first day of December.. 24 days til Christmas. It doesn't feel like it. I'm away from home for the first time in my entire life. Living on my own in a town I don't really care much for, taking classes I don't much care for. But I have met a lot of people who's company I genuinely enjoy. It feels like time is going by too fast. It feels like it's 51 days before the election.. not Obama's inauguration. [so excited for that!]

Another change is that this year, our family isn't really doing Christmas. Yeah, we're getting a tree.. and [unfortunately] hosting a monster Christmas dinner [possibly Eve as well].. but I just don't know. It doesn't feel like Christmas.

With people being trampled to death on Black Friday, I've lost my patience with the insanity built into consumerism.

and then you think about all of the people in third world countries that have to go days if not weeks without food. And we are sitting here, the richest nation in the world, clawing each other to death to get the best bargain on our Christmas lists.

I don't know where the Christmas spirit has gone.. but we sure as hell need it back.

Goodnight [1 of 25]

No comments: